2/03/2013

Greetings from Down Under


Midnight snack #London
My room at the campus
Sneak peak on next post
Ciao!
Perillä ollaan yhtenä palana. Lento oli maailman pisin ja puuduttavin enkä aio astua lentokoneeseen vähään aikaan. 29h matka... rankkaa!

Maanantaina tää kaikki siis alkoi, tai no alkohan tää kaikki jo ehkä aiemmin mutta maanantaina alkoi oikeesti tapahtua. Mulla oli lento vasta 17:10 joten ehdin aamulla vielä käydä saunassa, tehdä last minute pakkailuja a la Emma ja syödä mamman kotiruokaa vikan kerran 10 kuukauteen. Äiti, iskä ja Anna vei mut kentälle missä meillä oli vielä aikaa käydä bucksissa ja anna joi sen ekan bucksi-kaakaon. Sitten oli hyvästien aika ja kun astuin turvatarkastusportin läpi tuli sellainen 'no nyt sitä sit ollaan omillaan'-olo.  Kentällä törmäsinkin heti Siniin toiseen vaihtariin jonka kaa sitten lennettiin. Eka lento Lontoosen meni super helposti. Lontoon kentällä käytiin iltapalalla ja sit sen jälkeen tudududummm Singaporeen. Se lento oli ihan järkyttävän hirvee! En saanu nukuttua kunnolla ja lento kesti 15h... mielialaa ei yhtään auttanu se että tiesi että singaporen lennon jälkeen on vielä 8h sydney lento jäljel. Onneksi se vika lento meni super nopee samalla kun juttelin ruotsalais pariskunnalle joka istu mun vieressä ja katoin Perks of being a wall flowerin.

Se tunne kun laskeutu aurinkoiseen Sydneyyn teki onneksi hirveestä lennosta kaiken arvoisen. Kentältä meidät haettiin sydney women's collegeen jossa mulla oli kolmen päivän soft landing leiri. Leirillä oli about 90 oppilasta kaikkialta ja oli kyl tosi kivaa. Kerron siitä kummiskin myöhemmin koska huomenna pitää olla koululla 8 am valitsemassa aineita ja jetlag jo painaa silmiä...

Terkkuja Suomeen (on jo vähäsen ikävä!)
Emma

Translation after read more
Ciao!
I'm here and arrived in one piece. The flight was so long and well yeah long, I don't want to step on a plane for quite a while.. 

On Monday this all finally begun, oh well it had began much earlier but on Monday it began to happen. My flight was on 17.10 so I had plenty of time to go to the sauna, do my last minute packing and eat moms home food for the last time in the morning. Mum, dad and Anna took me to the airport, where we also had time to go to Starbucks where Anna had her first Starbucks (hot chocolate). After that it was time to say goodbye and when I step trough the security I got this 'well  now I'm really on my own'- feeling. At the airport I met Sini who is an other exchanger and who flew with me. The first flight to London went really easy. In London we had a midnight snack at Eat and then got on the plane to Singapore. Ohh the second flight wasn't nice at all. It was an 15h flight and I didn't really manage to sleep during it. The fact that it wasn't the last flight before arriving in Sydney didn't really cheer me up. Luckily the last 8h flight from Singapore to Sydney went fast in the end. I watched Perks of Being a Wall Flower and chatted with a Swedish couple that sat next to me.

The feeling when we landed in the sunny Sydney was amazing! It made everything worth it!! From Sydney airport we were taken to Sydney Women's College where I had my Soft Landing camp. The camp was really nice and there were around 90 of us exchange students there. But I'll tell you more about that later because now I'm going to sleep. Tomorrow I have to be at school at 8am to choose my subject and to get a uniform. Excited!!

Greetings!
Emma 


2 comments: